I was never a huge fan of peanut butter. That is until I made these! I'm addicted to them! Ridiculously amazing! They have a crumbly texture yet somewhat "gritty" because of the sugar. But they are really tasty and super easy to make. If the idea of bacon in a cookie doesn't appeal to you just leave it out of the recipe.
400g Peanut Butter
200g Chocolate, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
4 pieces of cooked Bacon, shortcut (as in the eye of a rasher. Fat removed)
• Preheat the oven to 180oC. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
• Place the peanut butter, sugar and egg in a bowl together and mix until well combined.
• Add the chopped chocolate and chopped bacon.
• Roll into 30g pieces. Place on the prepared oven tray and press down gently on the cookie.
• Bake in a preheated oven for 9-10 minutes.
• Remove from the oven and place some chopped chocolate on the top of the warm cookie to melt.
• Cool the cookies on an oven tray for 5 minutes then gently remove and place onto a wire rack to cool completely.
• The cookies are soft and crumbly to the touch so be careful when removing the from the oven tray.
• The cookies can be rolled into bigger pieces but I like them as bite sized cookies.