300g Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
300g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
2 Green Apples, peeled & chopped
170g Icing Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
Green Food Colouring
Apple Oil Flavouring
150g Caramel Popcorn
100g White Chocolate Ganache (or 100ml Caramel Sauce)
100g Apple Sauce
• Preheat the oven to 180oC
• Line 2x8” cake tins with greaseproof paper
• Cream butter, sugar & vanilla together for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy
• Scrape down the side of the bowl
• Add the eggs. Sieve in the flour
• Very gently mix until everything is combined
• Fold in the chopped apple
• Divide between the 2 lined cake tins
• Bake for 35 mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean
• After 5 minutes, remove from the tins and allow to cool on a wire rack.
• When fully cooled, cut each cake in half making 4 cakes.
Place all of the ingredients in an electric mixer with the beater/paddle attachment and beat for at least 10 minutes on high. The longer you beat the crew the lighter and fluffier the buttercream will become.
• Place one cake layer on a serving plate or a turntable.
• Spread half the dulce de leche over the cake. Spread a small amount of buttercream over the dulche de leche. Place another cake layer on top.
• Spread the remaining dulce de leche over the cake. Spread half the apple sauce over the dulche de leche. Place a third cake layer on top.
• Spread with the remaining apple sauce over the cake. Spread a small amount of buttercream over the apple sauce. Place the remaining cake layer on top.
• Spread the buttercream over the outside of the cake with the help of a palette knife.
• Scatter the sides and base with the colour non-perils.
• Drizzle the white chocolate ganache (or caramel sauce) over the top of the cake. Place caramel popcorn on top of the cake and pile as high as you like!